Soy protein is a protein that is isolated from soybean. They are low in fat and calories and are a rich source of protein, fiber and many other essential vitamin and mineral. It is one of the best plant protein. Soybean protein is a complete protein since it provides all of the essential amino acids for human nutrition.
We are used to eating a carb rich diet since our childhood that we have never thought of giving importance to protein as the main ingredient. Rice or roti is always the main ingredient while dal or sabji is always in the sides or an addition. We have also maintained the same diet for our children too. It is time to educate and change. Time to focus on the nutrition of the food we eat. For those who are vegetarian or do not want to consume eggs or chicken everyday, can include Soy in your diet. I will share more on Soy protein in main course later, but today’s post is about including it in your breakfast and snacks.
Make sure you and your family include soy protein in every meal. It will keep you full for a longer time. Let me share some breakfast and snack options with soy protein with you.
- Chia Pudding – Mix greek yoghurt, chia seeds and flax seeds, soak it overnight or for 30 mins. You can add some cocoa for flavor too. Top it with your favorite fruit and voila, your dessert and a great breakfast option is ready.
- Protein pancake – Add protein powder to your flour or pancake powder, add water to make the batter. Power it over a tawa and let it cook on both sides. Add some syrup over the pancake for some sweetness or enjoy it with chutney.
- Soy Milkshake/Smoothies – Replace your regular milk with soy milk for your kid’s shakes or smoothies in their favourite fruit or flavor. You can use soy milk for your tea and coffee.
- Snack Bars with protein – Always look at the ingredients and nutrition facts for protein. 20gram or 8 gram protein bars are perfect for anytime snacking.
- Protein cookies – You get variety of cookies in various flavors which are rich in protein. You can include this in your kids snack box.
- Biscuits with Protein power – You can opt to munch these with your 11am or 5pm tea/coffee.
- Soya sticks – These are perfect for munching
- Soya crisps – Opt for baked crisps for your hunger pangs
If you are hungry, make it a point to reach out to something with soy protein to munch rather than eating junk or anything else. These will keep you full for a long time and its healthy too.